Alexisonfire_watchout.png (316 × 315 pixels, file size: 148 KB, MIME type: image/png)
|Non-free media information and use rationale – non-free album cover for Watch Out! (Alexisonfire album)|
The entire cover: because the image is cover art, a form of product packaging, the entire image is needed to identify the product, properly convey the meaning and branding intended, and avoid tarnishing or misrepresenting the image.
The copy is of sufficient resolution for commentary and identification but lower resolution than the original cover. Copies made from it will be of inferior quality, unsuitable as artwork on pirate versions or other uses that would compete with the commercial purpose of the original artwork.
|Purpose of use||
Main infobox. The image is used for identification in the context of critical commentary of the work for which it serves as cover art. It makes a significant contribution to the user's understanding of the article, which could not practically be conveyed by words alone. The image is placed in the infobox at the top of the article discussing the work, to show the primary visual image associated with the work, and to help the user quickly identify the work and know they have found what they are looking for. Use for this purpose does not compete with the purposes of the original artwork, namely the artist's providing graphic design services to music concerns and in turn marketing music to the public.
As musical cover art, the image is not replaceable by free content; any other image that shows the packaging of the music would also be copyrighted, and any version that is not true to the original would be inadequate for identification or commentary.
|This image is of a cover of an audio recording, and the copyright for it is most likely owned by either the publisher of the work or the artist(s) which produced the recording or cover artwork in question. It is believed that the use of low-resolution images of such covers
qualifies as fair use under the copyright law of the United States. Any other uses of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Non-free content for more information.
- No free or public domain images can be created for this album cover.
- The image does not limit the copyright owners' rights to distribute the album in any way.
- This image is widely distributed in other venues, so its use on Wikipedia does not make it significantly more accessible or visible than it already is.
- The cover is being used for educational and informational purposes only, and its use is not believed to detract from the original album in any way, or deprive its copyright holders of any financial gain.
- The image is of lower resolution than the original cover. Copies made from it will be of inferior quality, and could not be used as artwork on illegal CD copies of the album.
Note that this does not claim fair use in articles other than Watch Out! (Alexisonfire album). If you wish to use this image in another article, please add a new fair use rationale below.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||08:12, 3 November 2017||316 × 315 (148 KB)||DatBot||Reduce size of non-free image (BOT - disable)|
|10:55, 28 January 2007||No thumbnail||400 × 399 (55 KB)||DennyColt||Reverted to earlier revision|